Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Little Prehistoric Monster in my yard

I'm not sure what the variety or type of lizard is, but he's is big and has been elusive til now.  He's rather prehistoric looking and  runs really fast on hind legs. 
I always catch him scurrying out of the garden, today however he was in a different mood and stayed for this photo opportunity.  I was actually surprised that he didn't rush off and allowed me to go inside get my camera and return to his picture.  If anyone can identify him, I'd love to know who he is and if he's a friend or foe to my garden.



1 comment:

  1. What you have is a type of basalisk. If I had to guess I'd say from Honduras. Most likely someone had him as a pet and released him or he escaped. Bug/beetle eater. Not that you indicated any plan to grab him, but they do have small sharp teeth.

    ReplyDelete